August Walther & Söhne, Ottendorf, Germany, was established in 1888.
After the merger of the companies August Walther & Söhne AG with the Sächsische Glasfabrik AG (Radeberg) in 1932 it was decided that the new name for the company should be Sachsische Glasfabrik August Walther and Sohne AG, and then became Sachsenglas AG in 1940. Like many German businesses, the company was nationalised after World War 2, and after 1948 the name was again changed to VEB Sachsenglas (in fact separated into two parts: VEB Sachsenglas Ottendorf and VEB Sachsenglas Radeberg).
The company closed in the early 1990's.
glass fact file a-z, Ivo Haanstra ISBN 1840004290
Siegmar Geiselberger's Pressglas-Korrespondenz website
Wayne at 20thCenturyGlass.com